The editorial department at Presto Media awards weekly bonuses to content creators who go above and beyond in their work and/or demonstrate a strong grasp of best content creation practices in digital publishing.
How It Works
Every week, Presto Media's editors will recognize a content creator for the following awards: "BEST FEATURED IMAGE” and “BEST SUGGESTED TITLE.”
Winners will be announced each Monday based on the previous week's assignments. Content Creators will be announced via Intercom (when you log into the platform) by first name (i.e., "Dusten").
In the announcement, we'll include the proposed title and image, the content creator, and a brief, educational explanation as to why we selected each so that all content creators can benefit from seeing best practices in action and learn how to create better titles and images.
How To Win
BEST FEATURED IMAGE:
- Looks good as thumbnail
- Fits the topic
- Is eye-catching
- “Flows” with the proposed title to inspire a potential reader to find out more
- Follows any additional and all expected best practices communicated in training materials and ongoing training
BEST SUGGESTED TITLE:
- Cleverly combines SEO/keyword placement with an emotion/provocation designed to elicit a reaction from a reader.
- Is clear and concise about the topic, non-ambiguous
- Has personality/humor/whatever is appropriate for the topic
- Gave the editor an emotional reaction (usually, "wow, I would click that")
- Follows any additional and all expected best practices communicated in training materials and ongoing training (editors may overrule certain standards, like title length, if everyone agrees a title really “pops”).
What You Win
Each winner will receive a $10 gift card via email for each prize (e.g., Amazon eGift, iTunes eGift, Starbucks eGift). Content creators CAN win both prizes in a given week.
If you're named in the announcement, let us know which gift card you would like and we will send it to you via email.
Why Are We Doing This?
Our hope is that this program grows over time, with bigger prizes, monetary bonuses, and more rewards added over time. We want to encourage a culture of recognition of good work and learning from each other, and are always open to feedback on how we can improve this program!