We understand you have a ton of content you need to request per day. That is why we made the article request process very simple to request one or more articles with very little effort.
Step 1) Log into your Presto account and click on the blue Add Article button in the top right corner of your Articles page.
Step 2) A dropdown will appear with options of article types to choose from. Select which article type you would like to request.
Step 3) Once you select which article type you would like to request, you will be shown a popup with a handful of fields to enter. These fields are ones you should be familiar with including things like Title, Reference Link, and Notes To The Writer. Details about each of these fields can be found at the bottom of this page.
NOTE: You will notice in the top right of this popup a green article value. This is the cost of your article. As you change certain fields such as "Number of Items" or "Items Per Word" you will see the article value goes up or down.
Step 4) Once you have filled out all of the fields appropriately, you are given two options to save and submit your article request.
Save and Close = Your article request is submitted and you are taken out of the Add Article view.
Save and New = Your article request is submitted and a new article request view appears so you can add another article request.
Add Article Fields Details
- Title: This is simply a suggested title to the Writer, not a final headline. You can simply copy and paste the headline from the article you want to have covered, or write in your own unique headline that explains the direction of the article you wish to take.
IMPORTANT: Make sure what you include in the title field matches with the direction of any supporting resource links you provide.
- Number of Items: This field is only present when you are requesting a Listicle. What you are choosing with this field is the number of items you would like to include in your Listicle assignment. You can choose any number of items.
IMPORTANT: Increasing the number of items for your assignment affects the cost of the assignment. You will see that cost reflect in real-time in the top right corner of the "Add Article" screen.
- Number of Words: This field is only present for General News and Advertorial assignments. Currently, the Presto platform supports articles ranging from 225 words to 4,000 words.
IMPORTANT: Increasing the number of words for your assignment affects the cost of the assignment. You will see that cost reflect in real-time in the top right corner of the "Add Article" screen.
- Notes For The Writer: This is one of the most important fields when requesting a new assignment. It is critical that you provide as much detail as possible for the Writer in this field. The more direction you can provide the Writer upfront, the better your assignment will turn out. Presto's Writers are NOT mind readers. You may have an expectation of what is required for the assignment in your head but Writers do not know that. You must must must provide those details to the Writer under the "Notes For The Writer" field in order to get the best article.
BAD EXAMPLE: "Pick the best examples. Make it engaging"
GOOD EXAMPLE: "Please use the link provided in the Resource Links section to choose the best 10 examples of celebrity transformations. Try and choose examples of celebrities that are relevant in today's culture. Also, please use images that really show off just how drastic their transformation was over the years."
*In the above two examples, you can clearly see how the second (good) example allows the Writer to provide you the article you are looking for versus the first (bad) example where much is left up to the Writer to guess or interpret your needs.*
- Reference Links: This where you will include URLs/links to either the article you want the Writer to cover OR link(s) to supporting pages that the writer can use as resources to write your article.
IMPORTANT: Separate each reference link by a line break/space.
- Intro Required?: This field is only present when you are requesting a Listicle. An intro is a short blurb of text prior to your listicle - typically ranging between 50 and 150 words.
- Intro Word Count: This field is only present when you are requesting a Listicle and you have selected to include an intro.
IMPORTANT: Selecting to include an intro and changing the number of words of that intro affects the cost of the assignment. You will see that cost reflect in real-time in the top right corner of the "Add Article" screen.
- Outro Required?: This field is only present when you are requesting a Listicle. An outro is a short blurb of text at the end of your listicle - typically ranging between 50 and 150 words.
- Outro Word Count: This field is only present when you are requesting a Listicle and you have selected to include an outro.
IMPORTANT: Selecting to include an outro and changing the number of words of that outro affects the cost of the assignment. You will see that cost reflect in real-time in the top right corner of the "Add Article" screen.
- Heading For Item Titles: This field is only present when you are requesting a Listicle. Every Listicle is formatted to include an item title, image, and supporting text. You can choose which style headline you wish to have the item titles formatted in by default.
- Use Fair Use Images Only?: Fair use imagery is a huge topic when it comes to content creation. Some publishers do not mind taking the risk of using any image off the internet. Others want to ensure all images being used are fair use. By default, this option is checked. If you do not care to use only fair use images, then you can uncheck this box. When you do, you'll be presented with a warning about not using fair use images that you will need to confirm first. This warning confirms that you, the customer, will take full responsibility for the use of these non-fair use images and the content creator is not in any way responsible for any future penalties or fines that may come of this decision.
IMPORTANT: Presto Media highly recommends using fair use imagery in your assignments.
IMPORTANT: Due to the extra effort to source fair use images, there is an additional cost of 50 cents per item/fair use image on Listicles and a flat $1 cost for General News assignments.
- Fact Sources Required?: Sometimes you may want to ensure a cited source is included with every stat or statement in the assignments. Selecting this option tells the Writer that they need to cite all facts in the article with a source.
IMPORTANT: Due to the extra effort to cite facts, there is an additional cost of 50 cents per item/cited source on Listicles and a flat $1 cost for General News assignments.
- Apply Title Case?: This applies to your sub-headings. Title case is when the first letter of each word in a heading is capitalized. Toggle this on or off if you wish to have that included in your headings and sub-headings.
EXAMPLE OF TITLE CASE: The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over The Lazy Dog